Along with lifelong travel and curiosity, we also believe that a quality education is one of the keys to success and happiness. We want to support fellow travelers who are looking to “change the game” in the travel space. Here at Champion Traveler we use big data sets to create tools for travelers to better plan out their adventures. We want to know what you’ll do in the future to help yourself and others improve that experience.
How to Enter:
- Answer our scholarship question in 400 – 500 words (response must be written in English).
- Fill out our form.
- Submit by January 15th, 2018.
In 400 – 500 words, answer the following question:
How will you use big data to improve the travelling experience for yourself and others?
We’re looking for essays that incorporate unique ideas for the world at large as well as personal stories.
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- How have other entities used data to make the travel experience better and how could you build on that? (think Expedia, Champion Traveler’s Travel Weather Map etc)
- What are the largest pain points around travel and how could better data analysis and collection improve them?
- Are there any travel resources you used that were great but could be improved?
To Be Eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman in college.
- If you’re a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you’re in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- You cannot be related to anyone here at Champion Traveler
How to Win:
Your essay will be judged based on:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to the prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
We’ll choose and notify the winner by January 18th, 2018, and we’ll mail the winner a $500 check.
Good Luck and Happy Travels!